Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in /home/netonquarantine3/dzineclub.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/gotmls/index.php on line 250
Setting up your email signature in Entourage – with images | Wordpress Development, Email Marketing Australia, Magento Development, Facebook Design and Development
Home > Client Documentation > Setting up your email signature in Entourage – with images

Setting up your email signature in Entourage – with images

setting up your email signature - entourage mac

Lately we have set up a client with Entourage as his email client. Previously we set up the IMAP email for him and now we were setting up the signature. Here is how to set up your email signature in Entourage.

Update: Entourage 2008 doesn’t allow you to link, so if you are using Entourage 2008, you  can’t link the images to a website/urls. If you are using Entourage 2008, please view the section down the bottom for using a text link.

Setting up the Entourage Signature

Open Entourage
Click on Tools > Signatures
Click on New
Give the signature a name

Type in the signature text (your name, email, phone, website etc)
Click on File>Save

If you want to insert an image (company logo etc) you can open the logo in preview, Select all, go edit > copy and paste it in the signature box

Linking the Signature to your Entourage Email Account

Now go to Tools > Accounts
Double Click on your email account
Click on options
On default Signature you can now pick this

Other Cool things you can add to your signature in Entourage

• Facebook Tag
  • Facebook Like Button linked to your facebook profile
  • Company Logo
  • Your linkedIn profile button

So how do you set these up?

Facebook Profile link in Entourage

• Save a facebook icon on your computer and open it in preview. If you can’t find a good one, you can use this image.
    Entourage  Facebook Profile link
  • Select all
  • Click on Edit > Copy
  • Paste it in the signature box
  • Select the image and click on link icon to link it to your facebook profile.

Facebook Fan Page for Business link

entourage-facebook-like
  • Select all
  • Click on Edit > Copy
  • Paste it in the signature box
  • Select the image and click on link icon to link it to your facebook fan page.

Twitter Link

• Save a twitter icon on your computer and open it in preview. If you can’t find a good one, you can use this image
    entourage twitter link
  • Select all
  • Click on Edit > Copy
  • Paste it in the signature box
  • Select the image and click on link icon to link it to your twitter profile

LinkedIn Link

• Save a linkedIn icon or image on your computer and open it in preview. If you can’t find a good one, you can use this image
    entourage linkedin profile link
  • Select all
  • Click on Edit > Copy
  • Paste it in the signature box
  • Select the image and click on link icon to link it to your linkedin profile. To view your linked in profile, log into linkedin, view your profile and copy the public profile link

Hopefully this helps

Update: Entourage 2008 – making it look pretty

Since there is no way of making an image a link, here is what you can do

Use Url Shorteners

You can use url shorteners so that your links look neat and tidy and not loooooooooooooong. The two that I recommend are bit.ly and goo.gl . This way you can sign in with them and then later track how many people are clicking on your signature links as well. Ever wonder if the links on your signature work? This is the way to find out :)

Use One Link

Use a social media profile aggregator so that you only have one link on your email and then your customers can click on it and view all your details there.

An example of a site like this is xeesm.com (paid), about.me etc

We can also help you set up a page with all your social media details so that you can link directly to that page (there will be a small fee for this so please contact us at suman@dzineclub.com for this. We can also put Google Analytics tracking behind it so that you can view who is viewing your signature link, from where etc, this service is roughly $30 )

Hopefully this helps give you a better idea.

Related posts:

1. Setting up your Google App (IMAP) email with Entourage Mac
  2. How to set up your facebook fan/business page
  3. Email marketing Best Practices, low cost high Return on Investment (ROI)
  4. Social Media Sharing Options on the Blog
  5. Google now including facebook pages in search – importance of social media

Facebook Comments

1. SEO
    March 3rd, 2010 at 02:27 | #1

This is exactly what I was looking for. Boiled down to the most important points, it educates the reader on a topic without prejudice or a secret agenda. This is a great example of how to write an article of value and importance.

2. June 25th, 2010 at 09:35 | #2

Thanks, can I let the company logo be loaded from my own server? Are Pngs supported?

3. admin
    June 26th, 2010 at 17:32 | #3

Yes, You should be able to do both of them.

Just open the logo in png format in preview. Select all and copy. Then open up entourage signature section as detailed above and paste the image there. That should work.

Cheers

4. August 6th, 2010 at 05:34 | #4

How I put and link the below items in my Entourage email signature?

- Facebook Tag
    - Facebook Like Button linked to your facebook profile
    - LinkedIn profile button
    - Twitter Tag
    - MySpace tag
    - YouTube tag

5. Barbara
    August 24th, 2010 at 01:46 | #5

I am also having trouble adding social media links to Entourage. Can anyone offer suggestions on how to?

6. admin
    August 24th, 2010 at 02:57 | #6

@Barbara

Hi Barbara, Judit

I will update this tomorrow with answers to adding links to Facebook Profile, Fan Page, LinkedIN, Twitter, Myspace and Youtube links

7. Christina
    August 27th, 2010 at 00:52 | #7

I am having a hard time locating the “link icon” button. Once I have the icon in the signature I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you!

8. Angela
    August 27th, 2010 at 06:32 | #8

There is no “link icon” to insert a link within the edit signature window? no option available to insert a hyperlink when you right click either?

9. admin
    August 28th, 2010 at 01:50 | #9

@christina, @anglea – I will put some screenshots and add some more instructions tomorrow :)

10. September 1st, 2010 at 23:31 | #10

@admin I have the same problem as Christina and Angela: NO link function. I can also not “click on the image” or highlight it in any way. Will you still add more instructions as promised?

11. admin
    September 2nd, 2010 at 01:09 | #11

@alexander, yes I will get access to the mac tomorrow and will have an answer for you guys. I think there is a button to go into the source to change html but I’ll play around it tomorrow :) please be patient for about 24 hours.

12. September 21st, 2010 at 06:26 | #12

@Christina
    did you ever find the “link icon”
    it’s driving me crazy!

thanks:)

13. September 22nd, 2010 at 20:40 | #13

I have the same problem as Christina, Angela and Alexander: NO link function. Will you still add more instructions as promised?

14. admin
    September 22nd, 2010 at 22:32 | #14

Hey, I will go find a Apple computer in a store and play around with it. If it’s urgent, maybe someone can get on skype and can do screen-sharing with me so that I can help them.

15. jennifer
    September 26th, 2010 at 08:26 | #15

any answer to the “link icon”? I am stuck too!

16. admin
    September 26th, 2010 at 13:17 | #16

I have tested this for Entourage 2008. There was a html icon but that is not taking any links. at this stage, you might have to put the link after the image. So you past the image and just type the link next to it. At this stage, in entourage, there is no link icon. Sorry people.

I will test some other things to see if it works. Maybe using an automated text that drops in a html signature. I will update the post if I come with with a solution.

17. Dara
    October 13th, 2010 at 09:18 | #17

I’ve got the icons in the signature but am not given the option to link… Please help.

18. Hilary
    October 21st, 2010 at 03:51 | #18

Is there a way to insert the company logo without it showing as an attachment? I read that you can insert an img src tag in html to avoid that, but I don’t know how to do that with Entourage. I don’t want all the people I e-mail to be mislead about the attachments, or to have all my e-mails blocked because of an attachment.

19. February 4th, 2011 at 06:59 | #19

I’m having same problem…want to put social media pics with links attached instead of putting in long url! Please help!

20. Mark Paster
    February 14th, 2011 at 02:38 | #20

On reply messages, is it possible to have the signature appear ABOVE the text you’re replying to? Now, I type my reply, then there’s all the message that I’m replying to, and at the very bottom is my signature. Is it possible to have my signature with my reply? Thanks.

21. admin
    February 20th, 2011 at 14:19 | #21

Hey I have updated the post with details, The best way here is to use url shorteners so that they look neat and professional or to set up a page.

Regarding the signature appear above the text or below, it should be a setting in entourage, this looks like a good link for that:

cheers

22. March 6th, 2011 at 13:35 | #22

Thank you for the icons & the information! If you come up with a solution regarding the “link to image,” that would be fantastic! I find it rather odd that Entourage doesn’t have this option. Isn’t everything Apple suppose to be brilliant?

Guess, I’ll use the shortened link meanwhile. Can you maybe post an example of what you mean regarding setting up a page with all the social media details?

Thank you!

23. March 24th, 2011 at 08:50 | #23

Did anyone figure out how to link to your signature? I would like our company to have this in there but it won’t seem to allow links in entourage…

24. Ben
    March 25th, 2011 at 19:59 | #24

thats ridiculous ! you need to delete or edit your page ! it says we can add link in entouarge signature that is just wrong, its impossible to do so why do you keep this lie on that page ?
    people have to read all the comments to learn the truth !!!!!!!!!

25. admin
    April 16th, 2011 at 17:53 | #25

Hi Ben,

I have updated the post based on what you have said with the information on the top. I believe that linking is only issue with Entourage 2008 so the linking works for later versions.

26. Stuart Townson
    October 7th, 2011 at 22:31 | #26

Hi admin,

I am setting up my entourage 2008 signature. I want my company name http://www.homeofficedesks.co.uk to appear in the signature as a link to the actual website.

Can you please help?

I have tried copying the Url and pasting but this doesn’t work.

Many thanks,
    Stuart

27. mike
    April 23rd, 2012 at 21:39 | #27

My god, trying to put company logo on end of email. How hard can it be, microsoft are useless.

mike